|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Bugs Screenshots|
RPXP maintains local red/blue lists of DailyKos members. It also blockquotes article excerpts for easy posting.
Forum members can be tagged at any time (via right-click context menu) and stay tagged with that color until changed. Colors are applied to the member's name throughout the site. Your member list is local and private, like Usenet killfiles. Color coding helps you quickly spot valued posters and avoid less-valued ones. Can be used even if you are not a registered member.
There is an immediate payoff for the incremental effort of tagging a member. First, you gain a sense of private control that has been missing from the server-centric web. Second, your tiny tagging investments soon accumulate to accelerate reading of forum discussion.
- To spot gems among trolls (for local definitions of "gem" and "troll").
- To simplify citation of news articles.
- To restore "local filtering" to web clients, historically available to mail/usenet clients.
- To share display duty between central servers (collaboration) and local clients (cognitive impedance matching).
RPXP = Reciprocal Peer conteXt Projector
Projection = migration of context between "spaces", giving more weight to local than global, while maintaining a navigable path to the original context.
- Red/Blue/Neutral indicator for members
- Member list export/import between machines
- Color coding done after page is rendered
- Turn on/off with Ctrl-Shift-R or Tools->RPXP->Toggle
- Open-source (MPL license), derived from AdBlock
- Uninstall option